Sunday, February 19, 2017

Information about Creative Energy

I recently wrote an extended email to an artist  wanting more information about what I do so I thought I might as well share this information with everybody interested.


Let me tell you a little bit about what I do. I’ve been an artist all my life. I moved to Houston in 2004 and did all the regular venues, art markets, galleries, co-ops, etc… I joined a non-profit corporation and quickly found myself running it. Since then I have been involved in many non-profit organizations and groups for artists in the Houston area for about the last ten years. I have always worked hard for the cause but not getting much monetary gain so I decided to seek opportunities where I could make a bit of money. Now I started Creative Energy Art at the beginning of 2017. I find many businesses want to show original artwork by local artists but want someone to organize it for them. I’m so happy working in this capacity, finding wall space for the artists and curating local businesses, taking the artwork to the people instead of trying to entice people to enter a gallery or studio, although I still work with galleries and studios when I get the opportunity. So far this has been pretty successful. I don’t charge the artists much for the service and some of the venues want to handle the sales, others don’t. Each has their own idea of what they want to see on their walls so I put it out there, organize and market the receptions, advertise, and hang the artwork. All the artists have to do is send me digital images for approval and deliver their work. Some venues do not want to handle the sales so in that case, the artists have the opportunity to handle the sales and keep 100% of the sale instead of paying commission.



For additional information see www.creativeenergyartcenter.com

Contact email info@creativeenergyartcenter.com


No comments:

Post a Comment